Engine problems in the car are vital things that can interfere with driving comfort. Unlike the case with other problems such as the AC. Yes, you can still open the window, hot a little longer consider a sauna hehe. Or there are problems with the legs of the car. Yes, the important thing is that the road car is slow so long as it reaches the destination haha.
Now, another story if it’s a problem with the engine. Driving a car will become uncomfortable, dug digging for fear that the car will suddenly strike. Especially if the position of the car is in the middle of a busy road or traffic. Wet tar tar hahaha.
Everything has its age, and so is the car. Or more specifically, on car engine components. Over time the use of car components will eventually wear out. How long does it depend on the time and method of using the car itself.
Similar to diseases in humans, diseases in cars also have signs or symptoms that indicate our beloved car needs treatment. Car engine is a system that is quite complex. So understanding the signs of trouble on this car can help us to anticipate even greater damage to other creeps.
Let’s start The coffee was brewed to make it delicious hehe.
Check Engine Indicator Turns on
In fact this is the clearest and most easily recognized sign of engine trouble. So if the sign is not detected, it’s called tar-la-lu . Especially if deliberately ignored, duh.
The engine check indicator will automatically turn on if the ECU detects damage or deviation in the engine. If this happens stop the vehicle and check the sensors on the car whether there is loose or not. Check the oil for leaks or lack of oil. Also check the lid of the gasoline, because sometimes the lid on the gasoline that is not tight also causes the check engine indicator to light.
If everything has been checked and the indicator is still on, we must take the car to the garage to be diagnosed with the engine scanner. This is the most accurate way to find out why the check engine indicator is on.
In some types of cars, the check engine indicator can light up. This must be watched out because this usually means a sign of a fatal engine problem. If this happens stop the vehicle and immediately bring the car to the hospital, eh the nearest workshop hehe.
Smoke from the exhaust is normal. Especially if we have a paint-back and straight pipe type exhaust system , where the catalytic converter as an emission regulator component is released from the car’s exhaust system.
However, if the smoke that comes out is too excessive , this is another sign of engine problems that we must be aware of. Sometimes this puff of smoke is also accompanied by a burning smell that makes the eyes sore.
Puffs of exhaust smoke can be divided into three types based on their color. From there we can find out the source of damage to the engine.
- If there is a lot of white smoke coming out of the muffler then the gasket head or cylinder head may be worn or damaged. The white smoke is generated from water or coolants that enter the combustion chamber. To be sure, check whether the oil dipstick is creamy brown (like coffee milk). Also check the coolant on the condition of a cool car is reduced.
- Black smoke indicates the ratio of air-fuel mixture in the combustion chamber that is too rich in fat / thick. A mixture of too much fuel or too little water will produce black smoke.
- One that when burned produces a blue color is oil. If our car’s exhaust emits blue smoke, it means that oil has slipped in and caught fire. This damage involves vital engine components that require overhauling. Other signs other than blue smoke, of course, oil consumption in vehicles will increase.
Reduced Power and Increased Fuel Consumption
Have you ever felt the power of the car gone flat? Or beloved cars often thirst for a little ask to be filled with gasoline?
Both of these are a sign of machine problems that are often related. With reduced power we usually press the gas pedal automatically, which increases fuel consumption. This sign can vary as a sign of a small problem that can be resolved by tune-up, or it can also be a sign of a large problem that requires overhaul.
As the numbers on the odometer continue to increase, naturally the engine will lose its performance longer. But if the power is drastically reduced suddenly, we need to be on the lookout for damage that must be checked and handled immediately.
Strange Sound On The Machine
The popular term is tickling because the machine will make cliches . This is called the engine knocking. The more noisy the noise automatically becomes worse / faster the risk of damage.
The main cause of knocking is incomplete ignition caused by the following things.
- Spark plugs that are already weak / damaged or can also be caused by using a type of spark plug that is incompatible with the engine .
- The use of fuel octane levels is below the engine compression standard.
- Incorrect timing ignition. Mismatch when piston is compressed with spark plug spark will cause knocking.
- Mismatched ratio of air and fuel mixture in the engine combustion chamber.
Do not underestimate the signs of damage to this engine because the risk can make internal engine components such as pistons or crank shafts bent even broken.